Please see the below information from the Trades Union Congress:
For affiliates and workplaces
- TUC report (2016) “Still Just a Bit of Banter?” showing that over half of those we spoke to have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace. This is where you will find our asks for government and employers to tackle sexual harassment at work, as well as our asks for unions;
- “You’re Not Alone: Speak to Your Union Rep Today” is a new workplace poster to raise awareness of trade unions in addressing sexual harassment the workplace.
- An updated “Know Your Rights” booklet “Protection from Sexual Harassment”. This is a free leaflet to inform workers about their rights when they experience sexual harassment. (Only currently available online)
For union officers
- Unionlearn are running a number of different training days on sexual harassment for union officers in between now and January. Details of this are attached here: TUC officer training dates – Sexual harassment – Nov17 Affiliates must register at www.tuceducation.org.uk (requires a log in). Please note the London date is now fully booked. There is also an upcoming session in Leeds that is yet to be confirmed and the Liverpool date may change. We are asking that affiliates encourage more male union officers to register to ensure a good gender balance.
- An e-learning note for reps which looks at addressing sexual harassment in the workplace and how to support members. Again this can be accessed at www.tuceducation.org.uk (requires a log in)
- There will be a webinar on Thursday 14th December where Kathryn Mackridge will be running a half hour session on the report findings and what unions can do to address sexual harassment in the workplace. It is aimed at reps but anyone can join in. Please sign up beforehand so we have a good idea of numbers.
Kind Regards, Leicester Services Branch
Posted: 5th December 2017